Will a Raw Food Diet help me lose weight? Why on earth would I want to eat only raw food? Will I miss cooked food? How long do I have to eat this way?
When thinking of the term RAW FOOD, people frequently think of perhaps a piece of fruit or even worse yet, a boring salad. Now granted, they are both RAW… however, raw food certainly does not stop – nor even start there!
There are so many health benefits from eating a balanced raw diet that its not even funny. Are you aware that when food is in its natural, raw state, that all the enzymes are present? When you consume food that is raw, those same enzymes help your digestion in such a way, that it would be a very simple matter to eliminate acid reflux… Pepcid, Tums, Rolaids and other antacids could easily be a thing of the past!
Food is still classified RAW when the temperature of the food reaches 115 degrees or less. Anything “cooked” over 118 degrees, and your food is now losing those very important enzymes that are so critical for your digestion. Will I miss cooked food? There is no reason for you to miss cooked food. Unless there is an illness you are looking to work out of your system, it’s perfectly OK for you to enjoy cooked foods as well as RAW foods too. The amount of time you decide to spend eating RAW foods is totally up to you. Weight loss, feeling good, looking good… these are just some of the “side benefits” of eating fresh and alive foods… a RAW food diet.
Joanne was a client who had a terrible digestion problem. She would literally eat “Tums” like they were going “out of style”… popping a couple before each meal, and quite a few after each meal. It got so bad, that she was afraid to eat anything without first consuming her daily “dose” of Tums before and after each time she ate. She became so dependent on these digestive aids, that she literally popped them into her mouth like candy. When she would be close to running out, she would truly start to panic. At that point, she came to see me, because she finally realized she was in a very dependent sort of trouble.
I sat down with Joanne and went over her eating patterns. She had a lot of weight to lose – more than 50 pounds! Joanne mentioned that she felt she ate constantly… and that she was afraid to have an empty stomach because of the real fear of dealing with her acid reflux.
After carefully looking at the kind of food she ate, I quickly realized that she never consumed any fresh, vibrant and alive foods… in other words, Joanne never ate anything RAW. All her food was pre-packaged and cooked. It’s not that she didn’t like the fresh foods, but she always seemed to be in a big hurry, and in her mind the pre-packaged foods were faster and easier to grab, prepare and eat… or so she thought…
Joanne was hypnotized to allow herself to take some well-deserved time for her… as well as introduce her to the wonders of eating a balanced RAW diet. After her first hypnosis session, Joanne felt different. She was actually looking forward to trying something new. She went shopping on her way home and actually purchased only fresh foods… a first for her! Armed with recipes to make her transition easier, she went home and was amazed as to how fast and easy it was to prepare fresh foods… not to mention how wonderful it all tasted… plus the cleanup was faster too!
By the next visit, Joanne literally was bursting with energy and excitement… something that she had very little of in the past. She couldn’t wait to see me to tell me how great she felt! I had asked her how many Tums she was still consuming… and to her very evident surprise, she had actually forgotten to even take them, let alone miss them. To make matters even better, she was already down 5 pounds after only a couple of days. Joanne couldn’t be happier!
By the time her program was complete, Joanne was a different person. She had lost even more than the 50 pounds and not once did she feel as if she was on a diet. She has boundless energy, looks good and feels great too! Today, Joanne does a combination of RAW and cooked foods… she has found her balance and vows never to return to the old habits that got her overweight in the first place. Needless to say, we are very proud of Joanne’s success!
RAW foods are very simple to prepare… and cleanup is a breeze. Besides being easy, it is also wide open to your individual creativity… or you can simply follow a recipe exactly. The choice is yours. Personally I love to experiment and totally enjoy creating new recipes each time. The following recipes, compliments of www.experimentalchef.eu, are a gift for you to try so you too can see how amazing it is to tantalize your tastebuds with RAW foods. Enjoy!
This delicious RAW pate looks and even tastes similar to salmon. A must try!
- 2 cups almonds (preferably soaked overnight)
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup purified water
- 2 large carrots
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Dulse flakes (seaweed), rinsed
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- In a food processor, process the almonds and carrots until very fine. Or you can use a Champion juicer and use the “blank” plate to make a smooth paste.
- Mix all the ingredients except the lettuce in a bowl. Add the dulse to taste. (Finely crumbled Nori sheets can be substituted for the dulse)
- Form the mixture into a rounded loaf shape or shape similar to a salmon. Garnish with parsley greens.
- To serve, spoon onto the lettuce leaves and eat like a sandwich. You can also spread onto celery sticks for a delicious treat.
Or you may choose to enjoy this favorite…
A RAW spaghetti recipe that needs to be tried to be believed. The taste is incredible!!!
- 1 medium to large zucchini
- 5 small vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- sea salt to taste
- Cut the zucchini in half (the small way, not lengthwise) Process both halves through the “Saladacco”, thus turning the zucchini into spaghetti-like strands. Set aside. If you choose, you can shred the zucchini for a different effect.
- Place the garlic in the food processor and pulse until very fine. Quarter the tomatoes and pulse them along with the garlic. Process until it is almost the consistency you want. Add the basil leaves and process a few seconds longer.
- Pour mixture into a medium bowl and add 1 or 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and a dash of the cayenne pepper.
- Mix gently to distribute all the ingredients. Pour the sauce over your “spaghetti” and enjoy.
Disclaimer: This information is for you to actually consider alternative possibilities for your success. Please seek advice from your medical professional before starting any weight loss or exercise program. Taking charge of your body is your right and privilege. Do so with knowledgeable information from trusted sources.